Tallow Enterprise Centre - Supporting Enterprise And Community In Tallow, Co. Waterford, Ireland.
Beginners Computer Courses
We run two types of Beginners Course, Beginners and Terrified Beginners, during the Spring and Autumn seasons. Day and night courses are available each with a duration of 2 hours. Content is similar in both; one is tailored for people who have used a computer before and want to get a handle on the basics, the other is geared for people who have never used a computer before and may possibly have developed a fear of using one. This course builds their confidence and step by step enables them to utilise the computer and move onto other courses if they wish.
Both courses are designed not to create 'experts' but to give the tools to allow the student (of any age) to utilise the computer in an everyday context.
Some of the subjects covered are:
- Introduction to and basic use of Word - enabling creation of a document e.g. letter etc.
- Basic creation and saving of Folders and Files - allows storage and retrieval of files.
- Introduction to and use of internet - booking holidays, looking up information, etc online
- Emailing - creation of an email account, sending and receiving emails.
- Communication - Skype - visual, audio and textual communication with other people, family and friends world wide via the computer and internet.
- Revision of some of the elements of step 1
- Creating a letterhead
- Creating a Personal/Business Card
- Further internet use - safe purchasing online
- Project work on the internet - i.e. Creation of Family Tree
- Introduction to Internet Banking
- Paying Car Tax online etc.
These courses have been very successful in taking even the most frightened of beginners and empowering them to make the computer a gateway to the wider world.
Click on our blog link to see when these courses are happening and check out our competitive fees. If you wish to participate in a course or put your name down to be contacted for the next course please contact us.